Ashford & District Sunday Football League
News Report

Superclean Pro Services Sunday Round Up

Author: Ryan Mills, 27/10/19

Noden heroics see Fox Sunday through in Kent Cup

Kent Sunday Premier Cup- Second Round

Stanhope & Beaver Rangers ended Kennington’s county cup ambitions returning from their short trip to Sandyacres surprise 3-2 winners to go through to the last-32 of the Kent Sunday Premier Cup. Rangers knocked out the reigning Ashford Sunday League champions thanks to goals from Luke Walder, Joe Burden and Tom Collins and now face West Kent League side Green Lane in the third qualifying round in November for a place in the county-wide draw in the New Year. Kennington replied with two goals from Robbie Greenfield and crash out of the competition at the same stage that they did last season.


Kent Sunday Junior Trophy- Second Round

Goalkeeper Dan Noden inspired Fox Sunday’s progression to the third round of the Kent Sunday Junior Trophy as Ben Rolfe’s side beat fellow Division Two rivals Burton Grove on penalties after the two sides were locked at 2-2 after 90 minutes. Noden saved a 90th minute penalty in normal time, saved two more spot kicks in the shootout before going on to score the match winning penalty to send the home side through where they now host Troggs in the final regional qualifying round next month.
Burton Grove took advantage of Fox’s slow start and found themselves two goals up inside the opening 20 minutes when Andy Crouch headed the visitors in front before Matt Johnson made it 2-0. But Fox improved after the break when first Dave Gray volleyed home from Kai Jones’ excellent cross before Tom Wilmshurst levelled with 15 minutes left when he rose highest to head home from Ross Struthers corner. Noden’s penalty save from James Ross right at the death set up a dramatic penalty shootout as Kai Jones and Wilmshurst both converted from 12 yards to set up keeper Noden to score the winning spot kick to see them safely through.

Ashford Cavaliers had their county cup hopes dashed as they lost 5-2 away at Tonbridge Origin in their rearranged second round tie. The fixture had been postponed twice previously due to a wet pitch at Sandyacres and the game was switched to Origin’s home ground with the West Kent League side making the most of their unexpected home advantage to go through to the next round. Ben Harding marked his return to the club with a goal adding to Paul Mabb’s earlier strike but those goals were not enough to see them through.


Bodkin Challenge Cup- Second Round

Cheriton AFC dumped Premier Division side Mersham Sports out of the Bodkin Cup running out 4-2 winners at home to progress to the quarter finals of the competition. Cheriton found themselves 2-0 up at half-time thanks to a goal each from Ben Ashton and Jack Taylor, but Mersham brought it back to 2-2 early in the second period with both Ewan Stanley and player-manager Rob Clark on target for the visitors. Mersham were reduced to ten men for the final 20 minutes following Steve Tanner’s red card and Cheriton took full advantage of the extra man with both Ashton and Taylor scoring again for the hosts to set up a quarter final clash against either Stanhope & Beaver Rangers or Red Heathens.

Dan Arnold continued his incredible goal scoring form netting five times as Division One strugglers Hythe Royal British Legion knocked out Premier Division Lolzors winning 6-0 at South Road. Arnold has scored 17 times for the Legion this season as Jace Dempster’s side claimed their second Premier Division scalp in the competition having already knocked out Nailbox in the first round on the opening weekend of the season. Bryn Yorath added a sixth for Hythe RBL with goalkeeper David White keeping a first clean sheet of the season for the hosts.

They now face Premier Division leaders Bromley Green in the last-eight after Gary Gibbs side needed extra-time to get passed Division One Folkestone United before eventually running out 6-3 winners after two hours of football in Lympne. Bromley Green led three times in normal time, but a lethargic performance from the visitors saw an impressive United side level on each occasion, before the Green’s experience saw them through in extra-time scoring three unanswered goals. Two goals apiece from Casper Floyd and Connor Gower led the scoring for the Green before additional goals from Luke Burdon and Ryan Carter sealed the victory despite well taken goals from Josh Baker, Ryan Lowe and Robbie Westbrook for United.

Dion Orris scored twice as Ashford Genclik also moved into the next round beating fellow Division One side Appledore 4-3 away from home. Orris scored his fifth goal in his two previous games to send Genclik through to the quarter finals where they await the winners of the postponed second round tie between Charing and Sellindge SSC. Former Ashford Cavaliers player Jack Cossey scored his first goal for the visitors adding to a first competitive goal from midfielder Emin Yalcin to see them through cancelling out a brace from Craig Pierce and one from Alaric Sam for the Smugglers.


Premier Division

Red Heathens recovered from trailing 2-1 at half time to pick up all three points as they scored three unanswered second half goals to beat Nailbox 4-2 at Charing Heath. Two first half Adam Ghidaoui goals had seen unlucky Nailbox take control going into the interval, but the hosts battled their way back into the game and moved up to fourth in the Premier Division league standings thanks to goals from Lewis Fuller, Adam Filmer, Artsoms Andrejevs and Tommy Head.


Division One

Aldington moved up to second place in the Division One league table and to within two points of leaders Sellindge SSC as they returned from their trip to Lydd Grasshoppers 6-2 winners. Matt Moon opened the scoring for the visitors in the tenth minute before he set up strike partner Alex Williams to double their lead five minutes later as Aldington took control early in the game. Aurin Johnson soon pulled a goal back for the hosts taking advantage of some sloppy defending by the away side, only for Chris Cryer to restore Aldington’s two goal lead making it 3-1 at the break scoring with a great finish in the top corner.

Ryan Norman run onto to Williams’ pass to score Aldington’s fourth before Norman turned provider to set up Ben Hunt to make it 5-2 as Aldington started the second period as they had finished the first, and Hunt almost scored a second when his superbly hit volley was brilliantly saved by home goalkeeper Gary Maker. Grasshoppers pulled a second goal back through Joe Lehmann’s headed effort before Moon scored his second of the morning and Aldington’s sixth late on to wrap up the points curling his free kick past the goalkeeper.


Sheber Challenge Trophy- Second Round

Nathan Sims scored five times as Division Two leaders AFC Guildhall moved into the quarter finals of the Sheber Trophy with a 7-5 extra time victory away at Park Farm Rangers. The game was locked at 4-4 after 90 minutes of football with Guildhall adding three more goals in extra-time to go through to the last-eight of the competition. Sims’ handful of goals was added to by individual goals from Steven Masters and Ryan Taylor as Guildhall won this 12-goal thriller, with Rangers scoring courtesy of two each from Tyler Loosemore and Adam Draper-Lewis and one from Kieran Garvey.

They will now take on Division Three side Smeeth & Brabourne in the last-eight as young striker Max Brady scored a twenty-minute hat trick in their 3-3 draw at home to Ashford United Thirds, before the villagers triumphed on penalties. All six goals were scored in the second half as United went 2-0 ahead thanks to strikes from Craig Hagley and Alessandro Davitti, but two Brady strikes saw Smeeth draw level. Hagley scored his second of the morning to put United 3-2 ahead with four minutes remaining only for Brady to complete this treble in injury time to send the tie to extra-time and penalties, which Dennis Killeen’s side held their nerve for to go through.


Division Two

Troggs moved level on points with Division Two leaders AFC Guildhall as they returned from their trip to a depleted Biddenden side 5-0 winners. The Smarden side (pictured above) showed their dominance in the second half scoring four times to run out comfortable winners in the end and now only sit behind Guildhall in the standings on goal difference. Ben Allen and Alex Philpott both scored twice for the visitors adding to Rob Giles’ strike as Troggs continue their decent start to the new season looking for an immediate return to Division One next season.

Late goals from Stefan Dalton and Adam Aldridge rescued a point for Ashford Spartans in their 3-3 draw against local rivals South Willesborough at the Ridge. Spartans did take an early lead through top scorer Tom Wilkes, but the Frog Islanders went 3-1 ahead thanks to goals from Mark Hilden, Joe Mant and Tommy Wadman. With the points looking likely to go the way of Brad Horne’s South Willesborough side, Spartans popped up with their two late replies to stay fourth in the league table.


Division Three

Hat-tricks from Ashley Sales and Ben Parker saw Folkestone United Reserves return from their visit to Kingsnorth Pilgrims 7-1 winners and go top of the Division Three league standings for the first time since the opening weekend of the season. Sales’ treble sees the prolific striker move onto 17 goals for the campaign while Parker’s three goals saw him open his goal account for the season. Stanley Dickson added a seventh for the visitors to cancel out a deflected Dan Rogers goal for Kingsnorth who were brought crashing back to Earth follow last weekend’s victory against Aldington Reserves.

Mersham Sports Reserves maintained their 100% winning start in all competitions this season with a convincing 9-1 home victory against local rivals Aldington Reserves at Stone Green. Top scorer Luke Goddard scored four times for Tom Shaw’s side as Mersham picked up their fourth league victory from four games and move up to second place only trailing leaders Folkestone United Reserves only on goals scored. Adam Bellman and Craig Lang both scored twice of the hosts adding to Jack Griffin’s strike, while Aldington grabbed a consolation effort through Evan Lindsay as they slumped to their third consecutive heavy league defeat.

Goals from Matt Pearce, Ollie Butcher and Nathan Lakra ensured Charing Reserves recorded their first league victory of the season as they beat Pilgrims Sunday 3-2 away from home. The win sees Charing move off the bottom of the table up to ninth place while Pilgrims remain seventh, who scored courtesy of an own goal and another from top scorer Nathan Cook.


Top League Scorers

Customise your own top goal scorers chart

Golden Glove Award

Goalkeeper Clean Sheet Chart

Player Suspensions

Up to date Player Suspension lists

Disciplinary Table

Divisional Disciplinary Standings

Become a Referee

Contact the Kent FA


League Calendar

Friendly Finder

Friendly Finder

Never miss an update

Follow the site to get the latest news and results straight to your email

Follow the website now


Ashford, UK

Light rain shower

Light rain shower

80% humidity











  • Sandgate AFC vs. Kennington Sunday
  • Burton Grove vs. Ashford Cavaliers
  • Willesborough Athletic vs. Iden Park
  • Red Heathens vs. Troggs

Andrew & Co

Andrew & Co

Grassroots UK

Grassroots UK

Sidelines Kent

Sidelines Kent- Pitch Marking

Whole Game System

Kent FA Club Administration


Motis Business Centre

R&J Coaches

R&J Coaches

Contact List

James Walton

James Walton
07737 294059
Message Me

Ellie Guest

Ellie Guest
07889 208773
Message Me

Karen Greenfield

Karen Greenfield
07903 755285
Message Me


SuperCLEAN Pro Services

Our Sponsors...